Friday, December 11, 2009

Missing Fox Tooth


Tucker has a hole in his smile! His two bottom teeth have been wiggly for a while, he oddly named them his fox teeth. We have no idea why or where that came from but we laugh every time he says it. So, Tucker lost his fox tooth and has one more to go.
I picked him up from preschool yesterday and immediately noticed his hole. I got really excited but he had no idea what I was talking about. I told him he lost his tooth and he wouldn't believe me until he stuck his finger there and felt the hole. "THAT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!" he said! He was super excited after that and showed all this little buddies who were also in the car with us. His teacher was sweet enough to look around and even go through the trash to locate the missing fox tooth but she never found it. I'm sure it's in his belly.
We had to write a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining the situation. Here is what it read:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
I loosed a tooth but I lost it. Still give me money.
Love,
Tucker
He awoke to a Susan B. Anthony dollar and a pink kiss on his cheek. He was quite angry about the pink kiss and wanted to know if there were also sparkles, I didn't dare tell him there were! Next time he looses a tooth we'll write another note asking her not to smooch him.

3 comments:

Shabwan said...

I like how he talks with his teeth clinched and his tongue stuck in the missing tooth hole while he says...I loth my tooth! Someone told him how handsome he was last night...and that's how he responded. I knew what he said...they thought he had a few loose screws-not teeth! Love that kid!!!

Evie's Story said...

We've had to write letters like that to the tooth fairy too:-)
how cute his smile is with a gap!

Dennison Family said...

I love the story!! and, his cute smile!